Hysterical Historesis

HISTORESIS is my play on words for the physical phenomenon of HYSTERESIS. Hysteresis represents the history dependence of physical systems. And what greater representation of a physical system dependent upon history than a blog about my life? Oh...and it will be hysterical.

Saturday, January 08, 2005

In the beginning....

Well, here I am, I finally did it. I had to see what all the fuss was about with this "blogging" phenomenon....hmmmm....well...I dont feel much different....maybe I'm a little fatter for having sat here and typed this.

Anyway, on to my first earth-shattering post!!

According to my first issue of
FORTUNE Magazine, a new blog is created every 3 seconds. So now I've done my part to help bring that number down to 2.999999999999999999999999 seconds. It also says that blogging is the number one top tech trend to watch in 2005.

After reading the article, it is really rather amazing to see how influential the
blogosphere has become. One woman, for instance, posted one day about how the latest u-shaped lock from kryptonite could be easily picked with a ball-point pen. Within 22 days, the word had spread so far that the company is estimated to have lost more than 10 Million Dollars in recalls and free product exchanges!

Now, for things like that, I can understand the purpose of a blog. It is probably the newest and largest word-of-mouth tool in the world. If you want to find out about a product you are looking to buy, just simply google that product name followed by the word "sucks" and you are sure to get plenty of opinions. But for someone like me who doesn't do much of that sort of thing (except, I will take this opportunity to hype my new
Dell Axim x50 my wife got me for Christmas. It is unbelievable!! ) a blog is just a forum for the arrogant ones in society to have their voice heard when every real person they know has stopped listening to them. Oh, wait. I guess that does make me the perfect candidate for something like this :-P

Anyway, I have wasted enough time on this post, if you know me personally, you need to borrow my FORTUNE Magazine to read about Blogs. If you dont know me, then you need to
subscribe.

Regardless, you must post replies!

2 Comments:

At 8:40 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

FIRST OF ALL, AT 12:42 P.M. YOUR SUPOSED TO BE SLEEPING? SECONDLY I ALWAYS KINDA WONDERED ABOUT YOU, BUT NOW ITS COMFIRMED. YOU ARE A NERD!!!

 
At 8:52 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm confused but, willing to participate.
My attention today is the breakup of Brad and Jen.
I'm still adding up the facts but, I think he cheated with Ms. Lips Joline.... Bad choice in my opinion.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home